Friday, October 30, 2009

Brain Training Dancer

You may wonder why there is a spinning woman on my blog. This image ostensibly tests whether you use your right brain hemisphere or your left brain hemisphere more. When I got this in an email, the caption said, "Clockwise dance belongs to right hemisphere users. Counterclockwise belongs to left hemisphere users. Try to reverse dancer rotation for training the other part of the brain."

Is this true? I have no idea. I am, however, fascinated with brain research and what it tells us about learning. One person's explanation can be found at http://thebraintrainingblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/right-brain-vs-left-brain.html

And I have no clue whether he knows what he's talking about or not. But it's fun to think about. And it's fun to try to make her switch directions.

2 comments:

  1. OK, this is fascinating!! Almost every time, I get a counter clockwise "blink", and then she goes clockwise and can't stop.
    Then, just to see if my left hemisphere works, I covered my left eye. She immediately started rotating in the other direction!! Who knew? And then, even with both eyes, I couldn't get her to stop.
    Too complicated to even try to decipher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I find fascinating is that D#1 and I will look at her at the same time and she goes in a different direction for each of us.

    ReplyDelete